1/1 Photo of Szechuan Crispy Orange Beef
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb flank steak, partially frozen
- 1/4-1/2 cup cornstarch, approximately
- 2 peanut oil
- 1 large orange
- 8 dried hot peppers, to taste
- 1/4 small onion, cut in 1/2 inch squares
- 1/4 cup sliced water chestnuts
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced green onion
- 1*THEORANGE: With vegetable peeler,cut zest from orange into long pieces.
- 2Cut pieces into thin strips.
- 3Dry slightly in microwave oven.
- 4Slice the orange for garnish.
- 5Steak should be frozen, but still pliable for easier slicing, slice in strips across the grain.
- 6Coat the meat completely with cornstarch and set aside.
- 7Combine dried orange peel in a small dish with hot pepper.
- 8Cut onion and combine in another small dish with water chestnuts.
- 9Mince garlic and green onion.
- 10SAUCE: Combine rice wine, sugar, soy sauce, chicken broth, and oyster sauce in a small bowl.
- 11Put a metal strainer over a large saucepan in kitchen sink.
- 12Heat wok for two minutes over highest heat.
- 13Add oil and heat until it is very hot.
- 14Add beef, stir to break it up.
- 15Fry for 2 to 3 minutes, til the outside is crispy.
- 16Transfer to strainer in sink and pour oil and beef into it.
- 17Place empty wok back on high heat, add garlic and green onion.
- 18Add hot pepper and orange peel, Stir briefly.
- 19Add onion and water chestnuts and stir 30 seconds.
- 20Add sauce and stir well to coat.
- 21Let mixture boil until it thickens slightly.
- 22Add hot beef and then sesame oil.
- 23Put on serving plate and garnish plate with orange slices.
- 24Serve with rice.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Szechuan Crispy Orange Beef
Serving Size: 1 (166 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 328.5
- Calories from Fat 97
- Total Fat 10.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 77.1 mg
- Sodium 1034.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 17.9 g
- Protein 26.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: