1/1 Photo of Szechuan Chicken Skewers With Singapore Cole Slaw
The Flying Chef's Note:
A great tasting simple meal that is fairly quick to make apart from the marinating time. It is very low in fat but full of flavour.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 kg chicken breast, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce (I use Blue Dragon brand, you can buy hoisin in most supermarkets or Asian grocery stores.)
- 2 teaspoons ketchup
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Chinese chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1prep time does not include marinating time.
- 2For the chicken.
- 3In a large bowl, storage container or Ziploc bag combine all the marinade ingredients, add chicken and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- 4Thread chicken onto water soaked wooden skewers or metal skewers. Reserve marinade.
- 5To cook, either grill on BBQ or under the grill about 4-6 inches from heat for 8-10 Min's a side or until chicken is cooked through . Baste several times with reserved marinade.
- 6For the Singapore slaw.
- 7Combine lime juice, sugar, soy sauce, chili sauce, curry powder and honey in a jar, shake to combine. Place jar in fridge for several hours or overnight.
- 8Combine both cabbages, carrots and peppers in a large bowl. Pour dressing over and toss. You may not need to use all the dressing (don't drown it).
- 9To serve, place slaw on a plate and top with skewers.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Szechuan Chicken Skewers With Singapore Cole Slaw
Serving Size: 1 (469 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 609.7
- Calories from Fat 230
- Total Fat 25.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 160.3 mg
- Sodium 1342.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 22.2 g
- Protein 56.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Chinese chili sauce
rice wine vinegar
chile sauce with garlic