Prep 45 mins
Cook 5 mins
Courtesy of the National Chicken Council.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut in thin strips
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1⁄2 lb vermicelli, cooked according to package directions
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄2 cup finely grated carrot
- 1⁄2 cup seeded and grated cucumber
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh bean sprouts, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds (garnishment)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 6 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- In glass bowl, mix together soy sauce, sugar and red pepper flakes. Add chicken strips, turning to coat; cover and marinate in refrigerator 20 minutes.
- In frypan, place sesame oil over high heat. Add chicken strips and stir-fry about 5 minutes or until chicken is lightly browned. Remove chicken from frypan and cool.
- In large bowl, place vermicelli, chicken, green onions, carrots, cucumber and bean sprouts; toss gently to mix well.
- Pour Dressing over mixture and stir until well coated. Refrigerate 30 minutes, arrange on platter and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- For the Dressing: In small bowl, whisk all dressing ingredients together.