1/1 Photo of Szechuan Chicken (Or Tofu) in Lettuce Bundles (Solo Cooking)
As a solo chef, cooking for one presents certain challenges. Some recipes easily scale down easily and others do well for safely tucking leftovers in the freezer future meals. That said, it is always delightful to find a recipe designed for small batch cooking that is also healthy and delicious. I am also planning to try this with tofu. This recipe easily scales up to 2 or more servings. (4 WW points or Core plus 1 pt for the peanuts)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4.92 ml peanut oil or 4.92 ml canola oil
- 113.39 g boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3/4 inch cubes or 118.29 ml extra firm tofu, cut into 1/2 strips
- 0 green peppers or 0 red pepper, cut into 1/2 inch squares
- 118.29 ml celery, cut into 1/3 inch thick slices
- 4.92 ml gingerroot (finely minced or grated)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2.46 ml sugar, for baking or 2.46 ml Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking
- 7.39 ml low sodium soy sauce
- 7.39 ml rice wine vinegar
- 2.46 ml red pepper flakes
- 59.14 ml bean sprouts (optional)
- 14.79 ml unsalted dry roasted peanuts
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 leaf iceberg lettuce or 4 leaf boston lettuce
- 1Chefs comment: The cooking for this stir-fry moves rather quickly so have your ingredients prepared and ready before you begin cooking.
- 2Place a large nonstick skillet over high heat for two minutes. Add the oil and swirl oil to coat the pan. Add the chicken, peppers, celery and ginger to the pan and cook for three minutes until the chicken is opaque.
- 3Stir the garlic and sugar/Splenda into the pan. Add the soy sauce, vinegar, red pepper flakes (and bean sprouts, if using) and cook an additional minute.
- 4Toss in the scallions and peanuts. Take pan off the heating element.
- 5Place half of the stir fry into the cup of each lettuce leaf (towards the bottom). Tuck in the sides of the lettuce leaves so it looks a bit like an open envelope. Roll the bundle so that it looks a bit like an egg roll or burrito.
- 7For Vegetarian use the tofu.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Szechuan Chicken (Or Tofu) in Lettuce Bundles (Solo Cooking)
Serving Size: 1 (279 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 262.2
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 72.5 mg
- Sodium 443.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 27.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar