Prep 1 min
Cook 8 mins
This recipe is a quickie version of Szechuan Chicken. I used a ready-made stir-fry kit right from the meat department to whip this dinner up. The recipe calls for 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce and we thought it was way too much, so my recommendation would be to start with 1 T. and taste until it is right to you. It is also low in calories and fat so that is bonus as well. This recipe can be easily dressed up if you have the time.
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil or 2 teaspoons light sesame oil
- 1 lb chicken breast tenders
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed dry red pepper flakes
- 1 (10 ounce) packagefresh stir fry vegetables (2 1/2 cups)
- 1⁄4 cup low-sodium teriyaki sauce (start w/ 1 T.)
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken, and sprinkle with pepper flakes; stir-fry 3 minutes.
- Add vegetables and teriyaki sauce; stir fry 5 minutes or until veggies are crisp tender and chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Serve with rice or Asian noodles.