Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Found this on the Internet. It is very tasty. Just make sure you chop the ginger finely! You can use peanut butter, regular milk and white sugar-I just used what I had.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb carrot, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 3⁄4 inches piece fresh gingerroot, peeled and sliced thin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons creamy almond butter
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream, mixed with (optional)
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream (optional)
- In a large heavy saucepan cook onion, celery, and garlic in oil over moderately low heat, stirring, until onion is softened.
- Add carrots, ginger root, red pepper flakes, and broth; simmer, covered, until carrots are very tender, about 45 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and in a blender puree mixture in batches (use caution when blending hot liquids).
- Return soup to pan and heat over low heat until hot, being careful not to let boil.
- Serve soup drizzled decoratively with sour cream mixture.