1/2 Photos of Szechuan Carrot Soup
1 hr 30 mins
Excellent recipe from the Manchester Highlands Inn, Manchester, Vermont
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb carrot, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3/4 inch fresh gingerroot, peeled and sliced thin
- 1/8 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 cup milk
- 1In a large heavy saucepan cook onion, celery, and garlic in oil over moderately low heat, stirring, until onion is softened.
- 2Add carrots, ginger root, red pepper flakes, and broth and simmer, covered, until carrots are very tender, about 45 minutes.
- 3Stir in remaining ingredients and, in a blender or food processor, puree mixture in batches (use caution when blending hot liquids).
- 4Return soup to pan and heat over low heat until hot, being careful not to let boil.
- 5Serve soup drizzled decoratively with sour cream mixture.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Szechuan Carrot Soup
Serving Size: 1 (289 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 245.5
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 26.2 mg
- Sodium 1096.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 9.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: