Prep 6 mins
Cook 6 mins
This recipe was added here for the ZWT6.
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups broccoli florets, in bite-size pieces
- In a bowl combine soy sauce, vinegar & sugar, then set aside.
- In a skillet over medium heat, add sesame seeds & cook for 1 minute, then remove seeds & set aside.
- To the skillet add oil, red pepper, ginger & garlic & cook for 30 seconds, then add broccoli & cook for another minute.
- Add soy mixture, then cover the pan & cook for 2 minutes, before sprinkling the sesame seeds over the broccoli & serving.
Loved the spiciness of this dish...I used lemon juice in place of the oil and it seemed to work great...plus it add another tartness to it...I also used fresh ginger, minced...this is a keeper and I'm going to keep it close by...Thanks for posting it...:)
Wow, that's some spicy broccoli! I love stir-fried broccoli and this dish was really good! I'm not sure if it was the red pepper or the rice wine vinegar, but heating them can be a little overwhelming on your nose so I used the vent hood over the stove. I think next time I might not heat the red pepper flakes, but rather sprinkle them over the cooked broccoli along with the sesame seeds. I think I might also use fresh ginger along with the garlic. I will definitely make this dish again! Made for the 1-2-3 Tag, January, 2012.
A flavorful side that was not to spice for DH but still had a enough flavor to make it a nice side. I made as written and the broccoli was a nice crispy tend. Thanks for the post.