Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is from The New Mayo Clinic Cookbook. It is easy to put together and has many possibilities. Equal parts green beans, bell peppers or your favorite veggie can be used. This is wonderful with fish and steamed brown rice.
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili paste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely minced fresh ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 carrot, scrubbed and thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- Place the cauliflower and broccoli in a steamer basket over boiling salted water.
- Boil until crisp tender, approximately 5 minutes.
- In a small dish, combine the oyster sauce, water and chili paste; set aside.
- Warm the olive oil in a heavy wok or skillet, add the minced ginger and garlic.
- Saute for 30 seconds taking care not to allow the garlic to brown.
- Add the carrot and saute for 1 minute, add the steamed cauliflower and broccoli.
- Toss and stir for approximately 2 minutes.
- Stir in the oyster sauce mixture, stirring to evenly distribute and warm mixture for approximately 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in green onion.
- Serve immediately.
What can be better than this, if you like veggies? It is fantastic! Had along with salmon and we all thought it was great! Flavors were just right and didn't change anything while preparing it! Thanks for this recipe Paula!
Loved the sauce-just right. I thought I was pretty smart and stir-fried everything, including chicken breast, at once using a lid to hurry things along. NOT a good technique. Using chicken was fine but follow the directions.
YUM! Wonderful cauliflower and broccoli!! Just the right heat and just the right crunch. Made it exactly as listed and we thouroughly enjoyed it. We will definately be making this again. The combination of spices and veggies was perfect, thanks for sharing!!