1/5 Photos of Szechuan Broccoli and Cauliflower
This recipe is from The New Mayo Clinic Cookbook. It is easy to put together and has many possibilities. Equal parts green beans, bell peppers or your favorite veggie can be used. This is wonderful with fish and steamed brown rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon chili paste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely minced fresh ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 carrot, scrubbed and thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 1Place the cauliflower and broccoli in a steamer basket over boiling salted water.
- 2Boil until crisp tender, approximately 5 minutes.
- 3In a small dish, combine the oyster sauce, water and chili paste; set aside.
- 4Warm the olive oil in a heavy wok or skillet, add the minced ginger and garlic.
- 5Saute for 30 seconds taking care not to allow the garlic to brown.
- 6Add the carrot and saute for 1 minute, add the steamed cauliflower and broccoli.
- 7Toss and stir for approximately 2 minutes.
- 8Stir in the oyster sauce mixture, stirring to evenly distribute and warm mixture for approximately 1 minute.
- 9Remove from heat and stir in green onion.
- 10Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Cauliflower Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cauliflower Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Szechuan Broccoli and Cauliflower
Serving Size: 1 (119 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 54.9
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 278.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 2.4 g