Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 mins
Bok choy in an Asian sauce.
- 8 baby bok choy, quartered lenghtwise
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 teaspoons grated gingerroot
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red chili paste
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- In a wok, stir-fry bok choy in oil for 3 minutes. Add ginger and 1/4 tsp of salt; stir-fry 2 minutes more.
- Add paste and hoisin sauce; stir-fry 1 minute more.
Loved this recipe. It's easy and so tasty. I didn't have hoisin sauce so used Hoisin Sauce - Microwave (it's awesome) and served with P. F. Chang's Mongolian Beef the only change I made was to add some onions and sauted along with the ginger. I've never had bok choy before but am glad I tried it.
Great flavor! I omitted the salt and didn't have any hoisin, so substituted some soy sauce and Brag's liquid aminos. I would recommend mixing the paste with some sauce before adding it to the pan because it tended to stay in a lump in the pan. Thanks for a wonderful way to eat bok choy, which I read was a good source of calcium.
Great recipe, we got joi choy from the farmers market and this was perfect. I also had to used seasame oil in place of peanut oil.