1/6 Photos of Szechuan Black-Eyed Pea Salad
This salad tastes great wrapped in tortillas or served over baby spinach that's been sauteed in a small amount of olive oil. Found this recipe in Vegetarian Times. It won first place in a recipe contest and was submitted by someone named Laura McAllister.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (14 ounce) cans black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped (1 cup)
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely minced (2 Tbsp)
- 1 garlic clove, minced (1 tsp)
- 1 avocado, cubed (1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon szechuan sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1Toss together black-eyed peas, bell pepper, onion, jalapeno pepper, and garlic in large bowl.
- 2Toss avocado with lemon juice in a seperate bowl.
- 3Then add the avocado to the black-eyed pea mixture.
- 4Whisk together oil, vinegar, Szechuan sauce, and sugar in bowl used for avocado.
- 5Toss black-eyed pea mixture with Szechuan sauce dressing.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Szechuan Black-Eyed Pea Salad
Serving Size: 1 (233 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 379.1
- Calories from Fat 198
- Total Fat 22.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 598.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.8 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 10.9 g