Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This quick stir-fry gets a head start by using leftover beef.
Make and share this Szechuan Beef With Broccoli recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup oyster sauce
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon gingerroot, pared, slivered
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 lb broccoli, cut up
- 1 green pepper, julienned
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 6 green onions, cut in pieces
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 8 ounces cooked beef, sliced
- Dissolve cornstarch in sherry, oyster sauce, water, and add red pepper flakes.
- In wok or large skillet, heat oil over medium high heat, add ginger and garlic.
- Stir-fry 1 minute.
- Add broccoli, stir-fry 3 minutes.
- Add green pepper, celery, and green onions, stir-fry 3 minutes.
- Make a well in wok and add cornstarch mixture.
- Stir until thickened.
- Add meat and gently stir.
- Add chicken broth if mixture is too thick.
- Serve with steamed rice.