Prep 1 hr
Cook 20 mins
This is hot but taste it as you go to see if it needs more tabasco
- 1 lb sirloin steak
- 2 tablespoons chopped gingerroot
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups julienned carrots
- 1 cup julienned celery
- 8 green onions, quartered lengthwise, then cut in 2 inch lengths
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons cold water
- Cut meat into 1/4" strips, then make the marinade with the next 7 ingredients, stir combine meat marinade for 1 hour at room temperature.
- Heat the second amount of oil in wok until hot, stir fry carrot, celery& green onion till slightly tender, add the beef with the marinade, stir fry till meat is no longer pink.
- Mix the cornstarch with water, then stir into the wok with the veggies& beef.
Made this using deer steak. Turned out excellent! Only used one onion and it provided plenty of flavor. I was out of celery so I doubled the carrots instead. The kids and the Husband loved it! Thanks
This recipe was really good. I added pepper flakes and used less oil (I used olive oil). My husband said it tasted more like Mongolian Beef than Szechan Beef, but likes both anyway. Thanks for the recipe, it's a keeper!!