Recipe by Chris from Kansas
I like this recipe because it uses ground beef for the meat and is easy to put together.
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 2 cups water
- 3⁄4 lb extra lean ground beef
- 4 ounces fresh snow pea pods, trimmed
- 1 (1 lb) package frozen broccoli carrots cauliflower mix
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1⁄2 cup purchased szechuan stir-fry sauce
- 3 tablespoons dry roasted peanuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook rice in water as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, in 12-inch nonstick skillet, brown ground beef until thoroughly cooked. Remove beef from skillet; drain.
- In same skillet, combine pea pods, frozen vegetables, water chestnuts and stir-fry sauce; mix well. Cover and cook on medium 7 to 10 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
- Return beef to skillet; mix well. Cook 2 to 4 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over rice; sprinkle with peanuts.