Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Looking for a way to seriously spice up your asparagus? I found this recipe on a website claiming this is a copy cat of "PF Changs - Sichuan Asparagus". I think it's pretty darn close!
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus spear, each spear cut into thirds
- 3 ounces oyster sauce
- 1 white onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 ounce gingerroot, freshly grated
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 ounce chili paste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 ounce szechuan pickled vegetables
- In a wok or large skillet, flash fry asparage and onion in olive oil for about 2 minutes.
- Add garlic, ginger, chili paste, pickled veggies and saute for 1 minute.
- Add oyster sauce and corn starch and saute for 1 minute.
- Add sesame oil and saute for 30 seconds to one minute.
My sister and I had this at PF Changs and really wanted to try it ourselves. I don't think it was exactly spot on, but it was very close and still DELICIOUS! Thanks for posting!