Adapted by Tasting Table from a recipe by Tad Weyland, chef at Heirloom LA, Los Angeles. The syrup tastes like a lemon drop with candied ginger thrown into the mix.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Make double-strength simple syrup:.
- 2Place sugar and water in medium saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, using a wooden spoon to stir occasionally until the sugar is completely dissolved, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool 5 minutes.
- 3Make simple syrup into flavored syrup:.
- 4Place the ginger, lemon, and the simple syrup in a blender jar, cover the jar, and blend on lowest speed until the solid ingredients are roughly chopped, about 1 minute.
- 5Turn off the blender and let the mixture steep for 10 minutes. Repeat, this time blending the syrup on medium speed for 1 minute, then shut it off and let steep 10 minutes more.
- 6Strain the syrup through a fine-mesh sieve lined with 2 layers of water-moistened cheesecloth over a medium bowl. Store syrup tightly covered in the refrigerator up to a week.
- 7Make sodas:.
- 8To serve, fill a glass with crushed ice and 3/4 cup seltzer. Top with 1/4 cup ginger-lemon syrup and stir. Adjust flavor with more syrup or seltzer as needed. Garnish with a lemon wheel.
Browse Our Top Non-Alcoholic Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Syrup for Ginger and Lemon Italian Soda
Serving Size: 1 (161 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 227.8
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 12.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 50.8 g
- Protein 0.8 g