Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Try this on your favorite kabob meat.
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
- 1⁄2 cup bottled pomegranate juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black peppercorns
- blend or pulse in a food processor all ingredients and drizzle in the olive oil to create an emulsion.
I had this on grilled prawns and it was awesome
Tangy and sweet. I adjusted the honey to my liking and added a bit of brown sugar as I didnt have much honey. I found it hard to taste the ground cardamom in this because the other flavours were stronger. I did not have pomegranate juice on hand so I added about 2 1/2 tbs water instead of the 1/2 cup liquid, which may have made for a stronger taste. I definitely recommend using a good extra virgin olive oil. We had this on a baby spinach greens with Persian food. I can see it being a good sauce with kabobs of the Iranian style. Made for Ramadan Tag.