Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I copied this out of a cookbook probably over 20 years ago and have been making it ever since. It's always a hit at parties and everyone asks for the recipe.
- 1 loaf Syrian bread (I use pita bread)
- olive oil
- garlic powder
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 package cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- chopped chives
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 3 teaspoons horseradish
- garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1⁄4 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄4 cup chopped radish
- chopped green onion
- Split bread, cut into triangles, brush with olive oil, oregano, garlic powder; bake on cookie sheet at 400 till light brown.
- Mix remaining ingredients and serve.
- It's says to refrigerate dip 1 hour before serving, but I never have.
- As soon as the pita bread is ready everyone can't wait and just starts dipping.
Unique and delicious dip recipe. I halved the sour cream and cream cheese, but used the whole amount of the other ingredients. Great flavor. Light with just the right amount of texture to keep it interesting. So good for a hot weather snack. Loved the way it tasted with the seasoned pita chips. Thanks for sharing this recipe, I'll be making it again.
Although I did follow the ingredient list, I cut back on the horseradish (using 2 teaspoons) as well as the chopped radish (using 2 tablespoons), & we were very pleased with the dip, using, as you suggested, the pita bread for the dipper! I think this would make a very nice addition to my finger food counter the next time I host a group! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed for the closing of Pick A Chef event]