1 hr 7 mins
Hoosier Margie's Note:
Puff rolls, these should be hallow in the center, but sometimes and they were not. Traveled extremely well in my husbands lunch. As with most of my recipes, I haven't got a clue where they came from. At the time I was writing the recipe down, all I was concerned with was "Do I have the ingredients".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix 2 cup flour and the yeast in a large mixing bowl.
- 2Mix remaining ingredients and heat until warm (115 degrees) stirring constantly.
- 3Add to flour/yeast mixture.
- 4Beat at low 1/2 minute (scrape sides of bowl).
- 5Beat on high 3 minutes.
- 6By hand, stir in enough remaining flour to make moderate stiff dough.
- 7Knead on floured surface until smooth.
- 8Place in greased bowl; turn once.
- 9Cover and let rise until double (40-45 minutes) Punch down; cover and let rest 10 minutes.
- 10Form into balls 1 1/2 inches in diameter.
- 11Place on ungreased baking sheets; roll each to 4 inch circle.
- 12Bake at 400 degrees till puffed, 7 to 9 minutes.
- 13Cool on cloth covered surface.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Syrian Bread
Serving Size: 1 (36 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 32
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 92.7
- Calories from Fat 17
- Total Fat 1.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 2.1 mg
- Sodium 153.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 2.6 g