Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
ZWT6 - NA*ME
Make and share this Syrian Apple Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 4 1⁄2 cups cooking apples, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup Crisco cooking oil
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pecans or 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- Stir first 3 ingredients together and let stand one hour.
- Sift together the flour, soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves; pour over apple mixture. Stir in pecans or walnuts. Pour into greased, floured Bundt pan.
- Bake at 350° for one hour or until pick comes out clean.
- Frosting: Mix all ingredients together by hand and pour over cooled cake.