Recipe by a2revi
The slower you cook this, the better it will taste. It will also taste better the next day. Serve over rice. If you don't have fresh ingredients available, you can substitute Rotel tomatoes for the tomatoes, onions and jalapeño.
- 1 ham steak
- 1 lb dry pinto beans
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1⁄2 medium white onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 2 -3 large garlic cloves or 2 -3 large garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Fill a 5-quart pot half-way with water. Place on stove over medium heat.
- Clean and rinse pinto beans and put them in the pot, adding salt, pepper, and garlic to taste. If using fresh garlic, mince or slice thinly.
- Cube ham and add to pot after the beans have been in there for 15-20 minutes.
- Cut tomatoes and onion into chunks and slice jalapeños. Add to beans and ham after another 20-30 minutes.
- Bring to a boil.
- Turn heat down and simmer for 2 to 2.5 hours.