Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This frosting tastes just like chocolate ice cream! It's also easily modified by simply changing the flavor of chips you use in the recipe. A family favorite even if no one seems to remember where it originated.
- 1 cup chocolate chips (real, semi-sweet)
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups miniature marshmallows (or 15 large)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- Melt chocolate chips, milk and marshmallows in top of double boiler over simmering water.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Whip cream until stiff.
- Fold in vanilla and chocolate mixture.
- Frost one 9x13 or 8 inch layer cake.
- Store in refrigerator.
I didn't let anyone know that the frosting used marshmallows, because they tend to curl their lips! They all sald I could use this frosting again (hee hee!). Used atop cherry chip cake mix baked as cupcakes. Will try some other flavors. Thnx for posting, Morgorond. Made for Fall 2008 PAC.