Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is my own recipe. It is quick and easy and made of ingredients that u have in stock. Use leftover ham and veggies.
- 6 eggs, slightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons milk
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons green peppers
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 tomatoes, chopped
- 4 tablespoons mushrooms, chopped (optional)
- 4 tablespoons ham, chopped (can also use bacon or breakfast sausages, cut up)
- 1⁄4 cup bulk cheese, grated
- Beat the eggs with the milk, slightly.
- Add rest of ingredients.
- Place into a vegetable sprayed casserole dish and sprinkle cheese on top.
- Put into a 325 degree oven until egg is baked and it has risen to a puffy look.
This is a nice everyday dish to use up leftover veggies. Easy and quick to make. I recommend using a tasty sausage or meat, otherwise you might find it a bit bland, though with toddlers you'd want to stick with the ham. A good base for getting creative with whatever you have in your fridge. I think with a substitute of feta for the ham, this would make a nice vegetarian dish. Thanks for sharing.
Very tasty Brunch dish. I used Hot Italian Sausage, white aged chedder and added 1/2 tsp chili flakes. Served with 12 grain toast & sliced tomatoes. Cut the dish back to serve two. Thanks Cooking Monster (love your name) for posting