Recipe by bigherbncv
I got this recipe from my Mother-in-Law and although I've never had any of these cookies, my wife says they are delicious.
Top Review by NanaCarroll
I grew up with these cookies. My Mom called them something else but I have searched high & low for these. Thank you for letting me find my childhood!!!! They are easy & very little sugar.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, separated
- 2 tablespoons orange rind, grated
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour, unsifted
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In mixing bowl cream butter & sugar.
- Beat in egg yolk, orange rind, lemon juice and vanilla.
- Gradually stir in flour.
- Using 1/2 tbs for each, shape into small balls.
- Dip in slightly beaten egg white.
- Roll in nuts.
- Place 2 inches apart on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350F about 16-18 minutes.
- Set on wire rack to cool.