Recipe by CookingMonster
I absolutely love cabbage rolls with the sour cabbage, but don't like the fuss and mess of rolling them or the cost of the sour cabbage. I am sure there is recipes out there very much like this, but this is what I throw together for that satisfying cabbage roll taste.
- 500 ml sauerkraut
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 onion, medium sliced
- 1⁄2 cup long grain rice
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can water
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook hamburger and onion until done.
- Stir in the uncooked rice to the hamburger mixture.
- Place in greased casserole or small roasting pan.
- Cover with can of saurkraut that has been mixed with the dill and caraway seeds.
- Top with a can of tomato soup and the can of water.
- Bake in 325 degree oven for approximately 1 1/2 hour.