Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
From Sylvia's of Harlem Restaurant in NYC.
- 6 pork chops, 1/2 inch thick
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon steak sauce
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Rinse and pat dry the pork.
- Season chops with salt and pepper and let stand 20 minutes, or better yet, overnight in the refrigerator.
- Place chops in a 9 X 13 inch baking pan.
- Sprinkle with the onion.
- In a small bowl, stir together the water and steak sauce and pour over the chops.
- Bake for 1 hour, covered.
- In a medium bowl, combine 2 tablespoons of the pan drippings (dicard any more than that), the barbecue sauce, sugar and hot pepper sauce.
- Pour over the chops, turning chops to coat in the sauce and now continue to bake UNCOVERED, for 10 minutes.
- Turn the chops and bake 5 minutes more.
Great pork chops! I made mine on the grill, but the sauce is excellent and so simple. I marinated the chops in the sauce for a while before grilling. Great flavor. Thanks for posting.