Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Found in a community Cookbook, and made variations to fit our tastes. It is a hit with all the family. This is the best salad to take on picnics. Best made the day before, as the flavors blend so nicely. This recipe easily multiplies for larger groups.
- 2 cups cooked macaroni
- 1 cup chopped ham (leftover ham or canned ham)
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped radishes
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons sweet gherkins
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped cheddar cheese or 2 tablespoons colby cheese
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed or 1 teaspoon fresh dill weed
- Cook macaroni.
- Drain and rinse well, and then chill.
- Combine rest of ingredients and mix well with macaroni.
- Season to taste.
- Note: I also have found that adding either packaged dry dill or ranch dressing really adds wonderful flavor, but has to be made early, so flavors meld.
- Just add the dry dressing to the mayonnaise.
The perfect expected version of macaroni salad. Skipped the dill but otherwise made as directed and it's all gone. Put it together last night and it was great to not have to cook on this 100° day.