Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Thought I would try something different for a meatloaf, and threw these ingredients together and it was a hit with my family.
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs (may need a little more)
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes, to taste
- Mix all ingredients together and combine well.
- Place into a lightly sprayed loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees for about an hour, or until done.
- Serve with green beans and mashed potatoes.
I top this meatloaf with Pace Picante sauce before cooking...it makes the flavor just a little spicier. My family loves it.
My DH and I both loved this meatloaf. It is a little kicked up spicey and that is what we liked. The texture of this meatloaf is great for making sandwiches. It is very easy to make. It is a keeper. Thanks for posting.