Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
One of my very dear friends shared this easy yet tasty "doctored up" beans recipe and I have relied on it for years. I usually like to use Bush's Maple Cured Beans in this. Sylvia used regular pork & beans when I first tasted it. Either way it is delicious.
- 1 (32 ounce) can baked beans
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion flakes
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 2 -4 slices bacon (optional)
- Mix all ingredients together except for the bacon strips.
- Pour into a 9" square glass casserole (sprayed with nonstick baking spray) laying bacon strips on top if desired (I omit the bacon).
- Bake in a preheated 350 F oven for 30-45 minutes.
Sweet and easy! Didn`t change a think! Served this with our Easter Ham and Petsrus Pineapple Pilaf Pineapple Pilaf.
We liked this recipe, made it for Easter to take to the in-laws so doubled it. Could only find 28 oz. cans of beans so used that. In addition to seasonings specified in recipe we added a little liquid smoke, dry mustard, bbq seasoning (rub) and chili powder. Not too much on any of those, maybe 1/2 tsp. to 1 tsp. of each. These were great and easy. Will make again for sure! Thanks for the recipe!
Made these for the 4th of July and they were enjoyed by all. VERY easy! I may increase the brown sugar next time. Thanks for sharing.