Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is an amazing salad and an old family recipe from my MIL. This one is special...I promise! Once you try it, you'll be hooked. I'm not too keen on mayonnaise but I LOVE this salad. In the summer, you can make it with garden vegetables. If you're like me, you'll be tempted to leave out the sugar - don't! It brings out the flavor and juices of the veggies and transforms the dressing. Note: Cooking time is chill time.
- 2 large tomatoes, ripe
- 1 large cucumber (I use English Cucumbers, Yum)
- 4-5 green onions
- 59.16 ml mayonnaise
- 14.78 ml apple cider vinegar
- 4.92 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml dill weed
- 2.46 ml salt
- 4.92 ml pepper
- Peel and cut cucumbers in very thin slices.
- Cut tomatoes into cubes.
- Slice green onions in 1/4 inch sized pieces.
- Put vegetables in salad bowl and add remaining ingredients, toss thoroughly.
- Let salad sit in refrigerator for 20 minutes before serving to allow flavors to combine. The salad will have a nice juice to it and tastes especially good with rice.
Absolutely delicious! I have made this twice already! And I'll keep on making it until the summer tomatoes and cukes are gone! Thnx for posting. Made for KcK's Forum.
This is exactly like my step-mothers recipe from when I was younger, but she used miracle whip instead of mayo...I always loved it!