Recipe by CookingMonster
I made this and it turned out wonderful. Was a hit with my family and I will make it again next year. This recipe gave me 5 pint jars and 4-1/2 pint jars of relish. Please note: I may try to cut the sugar next time, just to see if I can.
- 20 cups cucumbers
- 6 large onions
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1⁄3 cup pickling salt
- 3 cups vinegar (do not dilute)
- 5 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
Directions See How It's Made
- Put garlic through garlic press and vegetables through food chopper.
- Stir together and drain well.
- Sprinkle 1/3 cup pickling salt over them and let stand for 3 hours. Drain well.
- Mix ingredients for brine and bring to a boil.
- Pour over top vegetables.
- Heat again to boiling point.
- Put in sterilized jars and seal.