Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
I got this from my boss on a construction crew kitchen Was always a big hit with the construction crew. When my boss served this for supper, I always got to take the left overs home, but she never gave me the recipe. This recipe that I have, I guessed the ingredients and it is the closest to hers.
- 1 whole chicken, cut up
- 1 (500 ml) box whipping cream
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup or 1 (10 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery salt (and/or celery chunks)
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon flour, and
- 1⁄4 cup cream, to thicken
- Boil chicken 1/2 to 3/4 hour.
- Remove broth and save for soup.
- Add whipped cream and soup.
- Save some cream to mix with flour for thickener.
- add to chicken.
- Simmer 15-20 minutes.
- til cream is thick and chicken is tender.