Recipe by CookingMonster
This is a recipe made with 2 hour buns and then I make them into cinnamon buns. You can adjust the sugar and cinnamon to your liking.
2 hour buns
- 3 cups warm water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fast rising yeast (fermipan or flieshman)
- 2 beaten eggs
- 7 -9 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups raisins, washed and towel dried
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts or 1⁄2 cup pecans (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon, to taste
- butter, all over pans
- brown sugar, to sprinkle over butter
- maraschino cherry (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 5 ingredients.
- Add eggs and enough flour to make a soft dough.
- Put into bowl and pat with oil.
- Cover with a towel and let rise 15 minutes.
- Punch down after the 15 minutes and repeat 3 more times to make an hour.
- After the hour roll out the dough on counter.
- Spread a light layer of butter on the dough.
- Combine the ingredients for the CinnaNut Mixture, and sprinkle on the dough.
- Roll up into a roll and cut into about 1-1 1/2 inch slices.
- Place onto prepared pans and let rise for another hour.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 15-20 munutes.