Recipe by gertc96
Here is another good one from my new book, Love Notes to Our Moms. I have tried this one and it is so good. Fixed with pasta and some French bread. It's out of this world.
Top Review by KLBoyle
Oh man! this is a fantastic Scaloppine! I've made a million different variations of this dish over the last several years and this is by far my favorite. I personally loved the strong lemon flavor and like that it doesn't call for a ton of butter like many other recipes do. I will most definitely be making this again and again. Thanks GertC!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, defatted
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄3 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 2 cups angel hair pasta, cooked
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, freshly chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- With a meat mallet, pound chicken breast to 1/2 inches thick.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and cheese.
- Dredge both sides of chicken breast in flour mixture.
- In a large sauté pan, sauté chicken breasts in 1 teaspoons olive oil for 3-5 minute on each side or until cooked through.
- Remove from pan.
- Heat butter and remaining olive oil together over medium-low heat. Add garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Add wine and simmer for about 3 minute or until wine is evaporated. Add remaining ingredients except salt, pepper and parsley.
- Simmer sauce for 5 more minute.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Serve over chicken breast with 2 tablespoons sauce and 1/2 cup cooked angel hair pasta and parsley.