Recipe by Tisme
Another recipe from my all time favourite paper "The Weekly Times" An adult version of this all time classic, be warned it is rich! This is great for a summer desert. You do need to let this sit at least overnight, and I have not included this in the cooking time. For a variation the recipe states....."You can fill the glasses halfway, add a little raspberry puree, or a few chopped fresh peaches or strawberries, and then top them off with the remaining syllabub, to create a fruity middle section".
- 1⁄3 cup caster sugar
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine
- 2 tablespoons cognac (or brandy will be great also)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 lemon, zest of, & reserve a small amount for garnish
- 400 ml cream (use a cold heavy cream with 30-40 per cent butterfat)
- 1 pinch nutmeg, freshly grated
- 4 sprigs rosemary
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the sugar into a large bowl, add the sherry, cognac, lemon juice and zest into the bowl. Stir well, then cover, let sit at room temperature overnight to allow the flavours to blend.
- Add the cream and a pinch of nutmeg to the sherry mixture and whip with a whisk until soft peaks form.
- Spoon into 4 glasses and garnish each with a bit of lemon zest and a sprig of rosemary.