Recipe by Sue Lau
An "old-fashioned" drink, going waaaaaay back! You can often find hard-cider at liquor stores, it's no problem.
- 3 lemons, juice and zest of
- 3⁄4 cup hard alcoholic cider
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together lemon juice, zest, hard cider, and sugar in a non-metallic bowl.
- Let rest at least 1 hour.
- Strain liquid into another bowl, and slowly add cream, beating with whisk until mixture thickens (mixture may form ribbons, which is ok).
- Pour into glasses and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg before serving.