Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Curry in a Hurry, 'nuff said. Perfect dish for a family weeknight meal or even company.
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 14 ounces curry sauce
- 2 teaspoons fenugreek seeds
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 16 ounces vegetarian chicken strips
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen peas
- 3 cups basmati rice
- 4 tablespoons cilantro leaves
- Heat the coconut oil in a wok until hot. Add the fenugeek seeds and cinnamon stick, mixing until fragrant. Add the chicken strips stirring frequently. Once strips are heated, lower heat and add the peas, curriy paste and milk. Simmer for approximately 10 minutes. Prepare basamati rice. Serve rice with chicken mixture with chopped cilantro.
- Note - Substitute chicken mixture with 16 oz of vegetables or soy meatless crumble product. For the curry sauce, I would recommend a yellow variety, such as Trader's Joe's Thai Yellow.