Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
My sister Sydney's recipe. The orange really finishes this off.
- 1 prepared double crust
- egg wash
- 1 teaspoon fresh breadcrumb
- 3 cups chunked raw rhubarb
- 1 pint strawberry, cleaned,hulled and halved
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 orange, zest of
- 1 teaspoon orange juice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Brush bottom of the pie shell with the egg wash and sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- In a medium bowl combine the rest of the ingredients and toss well.
- Pour into the pie shell and place remaining patry on top.
- Crimp edges, and brush with the egg wash.
- Place in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Remove and make air vents with a knife.
- Place on a foil lined cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 minutes at 400, reduce to 360 and bake for 40 minutes.
- Let cool to warm before cutting or chill.