Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My sister Syd's recipe-it's excellent!
Make and share this Sydney's Carrot-Ginger Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Before you start make sure your leeks are clean and sliced thin, that your carrots are peeled and sliced thin, and that your red potato is cubed to medium/small pieces.
- In a large pot heat canola oil over medium heat.
- Add the sliced leeks, carrots, potatoes and grated ginger.
- Saute until soft, around 15 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the chicken stock, reduce heat to a steady simmer and cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove cooked veg from pot with a slotted spoon and place in a food processor.
- Pulse until smooth.
- Or use a immersion blender.
- Return puree to your pot and add the remaining ingredients.
- Cook for 5 minutes over medium heat.