Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
My sister Syd's recipe-it's excellent!
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 leeks, white only
- 6 large carrots
- 1 large red potatoes
- 2 teaspoons grated gingerroot
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- Before you start make sure your leeks are clean and sliced thin, that your carrots are peeled and sliced thin, and that your red potato is cubed to medium/small pieces.
- In a large pot heat canola oil over medium heat.
- Add the sliced leeks, carrots, potatoes and grated ginger.
- Saute until soft, around 15 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the chicken stock, reduce heat to a steady simmer and cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove cooked veg from pot with a slotted spoon and place in a food processor.
- Pulse until smooth.
- Or use a immersion blender.
- Return puree to your pot and add the remaining ingredients.
- Cook for 5 minutes over medium heat.