Recipe by Diana #2
My Dad didn't cook very often. Actually, I can only remember two things that he ever made. This is one of them. He always comes to mind when I make this. The best way to enjoy this (for me anyway) is while curled up in a big comfy chair. No juice, no coffee, no toast. Just me and memories of my Dad.
Top Review by I'mPat
The DM and I thoroughly enjoyed this for breakfast this morning. I cooked my bacon in the oven but not as crisp as I normally would as the DM doesn't like it that way so for ease I cooked it a little less than crisp and I also omitted the onion powder as I am not keen on it, served with a slice of hot buttered toasted wholemeal/wholegrain made for a very satisfying breakfast. Thank you Diane #2 and to AZPARZYCH for the recommendation, made for I Recommend Tag Game.
- 2 slices bacon
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1⁄16 teaspoon onion powder
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook bacon until crisp. I do it in the microwave to reduce fat. Crumble when cool.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs with water, onion powder, salt and pepper.
- In a small frying pan, melt butter until bubbling.
- Add beaten eggs and crumbled bacon.
- Stir until eggs have set.