1/2 Photos of Swordfish With Tomatoes and Capers
An incredibly fresh, delicous, simple dish from the great and wonderous Ina Garten. Her swordfish recipe combines the yummy flavors of tomatoes and garlic with fennel and capers. Divine!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 236.59 ml fennel, chopped (1 bulb)
- 236.59 ml onion, chopped (1 onion)
- 44.37 ml olive oil, extra virgin (I like Spanish)
- 4.92 ml garlic (minced)
- 793.78 g tomatoes, canned (drained)
- 29.58 ml chicken stock
- 29.58 ml white wine
- 118.29 ml fresh basil, chopped
- 29.58 ml capers, drained
- 14.79 ml unsalted butter
- 4 swordfish fillets (approx. 2 1/2 pounds)
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml pepper, freshly ground
- 2In a large saute pan over medium-low heat, cook onions and fennel in the olive oil for about 10 minutes (until vegetables are soft.).
- 3Add garlic to vegetables and saute for about 30 seconds.
- 4Add tomatoes, salt and pepper to the mix and simmer on low for 10 minutes.
- 5Add chicken stock and wine and simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
- 6Add basil, butter and capers and saute for one more minute.
- 8Brush swordfish with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 9Grill on high heat for five minutes per side.
- 10Serve fish on top of sauce in a pasta bowl/dish. Garnish with fresh basil.
- 11Enjoy with a nice glass of white wine!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Swordfish With Tomatoes and Capers
Serving Size: 1 (438 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 352.4
- Calories from Fat 171
- Total Fat 19.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 60.9 mg
- Sodium 865.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 29.8 g