Recipe by hollyfrolly
An incredibly fresh, delicous, simple dish from the great and wonderous Ina Garten. Her swordfish recipe combines the yummy flavors of tomatoes and garlic with fennel and capers. Divine!
- 236.59 ml fennel, chopped (1 bulb)
- 236.59 ml onion, chopped (1 onion)
- 44.37 ml olive oil, extra virgin (I like Spanish)
- 4.92 ml garlic (minced)
- 793.78 g tomatoes, canned (drained)
- 29.58 ml chicken stock
- 29.58 ml white wine
- 118.29 ml fresh basil, chopped
- 29.58 ml capers, drained
- 14.79 ml unsalted butter
- 4 swordfish fillets (approx. 2 1/2 pounds)
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml pepper, freshly ground
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saute pan over medium-low heat, cook onions and fennel in the olive oil for about 10 minutes (until vegetables are soft.).
- Add garlic to vegetables and saute for about 30 seconds.
- Add tomatoes, salt and pepper to the mix and simmer on low for 10 minutes.
- Add chicken stock and wine and simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
- Add basil, butter and capers and saute for one more minute.
- Brush swordfish with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill on high heat for five minutes per side.
- Serve fish on top of sauce in a pasta bowl/dish. Garnish with fresh basil.
- Enjoy with a nice glass of white wine!