An incredibly fresh, delicous, simple dish from the great and wonderous Ina Garten. Her swordfish recipe combines the yummy flavors of tomatoes and garlic with fennel and capers. Divine!
- 1 cup fennel, chopped (1 bulb)
- 1 cup onion, chopped (1 onion)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, extra virgin (I like Spanish)
- 1 teaspoon garlic (minced)
- 28 ounces tomatoes, canned (drained)
- 2 tablespoons chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 4 swordfish fillets (approx. 2 1/2 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
- In a large saute pan over medium-low heat, cook onions and fennel in the olive oil for about 10 minutes (until vegetables are soft.).
- Add garlic to vegetables and saute for about 30 seconds.
- Add tomatoes, salt and pepper to the mix and simmer on low for 10 minutes.
- Add chicken stock and wine and simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
- Add basil, butter and capers and saute for one more minute.
- Brush swordfish with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill on high heat for five minutes per side.
- Serve fish on top of sauce in a pasta bowl/dish. Garnish with fresh basil.
- Enjoy with a nice glass of white wine!