Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is easy and I always make it when my sugar is a little high. its comfort food for me.
Make and share this Swordfish With Raisins and Pine Nuts recipe from Food.com.
- 680.38 g swordfish, 1-inch thick
- flour, as needed
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 236.59 ml dry white wine
- 118.29 ml freshly squeezed orange juice
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 20 blanched roasted almonds
- 1 parsley sprig, minced
- 1 fresh mint sprig, minced
- 1 marjoram, sprig minced
- 78.07 ml golden raisins or 78.07 ml sultana
- 78.07 ml pine nuts, lightly toasted
- fresh ground black pepper
- Cut swordfish into pieces about 2 by 4 inches. Dredge swordfish pieces in flour. Pour olive oil into a large skillet and brown swordfish lightly on all sides.
- Remove the fish from the skillet and drain it on paper towels. Add wine, orange juice and lemon juice to skillet, and reduce the liquid by half.
- Meanwhile, plump raisins in warm water for 10 minutes while you grind the almonds with a mortar and pestle. Add herbs and mash into nuts. Add enough liquid from the skillet to form a paste, then add to the pan along with the raisins and pine nuts, stirring the ingredients together well.
- Return the fish to the skillet and heat through. Salt and pepper to taste.