Recipe by Dancer^
This is easy and I always make it when my sugar is a little high. its comfort food for me.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs swordfish, 1-inch thick
- flour, as needed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 20 blanched roasted almonds
- 1 parsley sprig, minced
- 1 fresh mint sprig, minced
- 1 marjoram, sprig minced
- 1⁄3 cup golden raisins or 1⁄3 cup sultana
- 1⁄3 cup pine nuts, lightly toasted
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut swordfish into pieces about 2 by 4 inches. Dredge swordfish pieces in flour. Pour olive oil into a large skillet and brown swordfish lightly on all sides.
- Remove the fish from the skillet and drain it on paper towels. Add wine, orange juice and lemon juice to skillet, and reduce the liquid by half.
- Meanwhile, plump raisins in warm water for 10 minutes while you grind the almonds with a mortar and pestle. Add herbs and mash into nuts. Add enough liquid from the skillet to form a paste, then add to the pan along with the raisins and pine nuts, stirring the ingredients together well.
- Return the fish to the skillet and heat through. Salt and pepper to taste.