Recipe by Manami
Fast and a staff favorite of "Food & Wine" magazine, July 2007 edition. Haven't tried it as yet but anything with orzo is very attractive to me.
- 3⁄4 cup orzo pasta
- 1⁄2 cup pitted mixed olive, coarsely chopped (2 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- 4 (5 ounce) skinless swordfish steaks, cut 1 inch thick
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped shelled pistachios
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan of boiling water, cook the orzo until al dente; drain.
- Return to the saucepan.
- Stir in the olives, lemon juice, butter and 2 tablespoons of the oil; season with salt, pepper, crushed red pepper flakes
- Meanwhile, light a grill or heat a grill pan until very hot.
- Brush the fish with the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill over moderately high heat, turning once, until browned and just cooked through, about 7 minutes.
- Stir the pistachios into the orzo and serve with the swordfish.