Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a great dish in the summer utilizing the grill.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 3 teaspoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh coriander leaves (cilantro)
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- swordfish steak
- In a small bowl mix butter, zest, 1 tsp lime juice, garlic, coriander, salt and pepper to taste. Rub both sides of swordfish steaks with remaining 2 tsp lime juice and season with salt and pepper. Grill swordfish on an oiled rack set 5-6 inches over glowing coals until just cooked through, 3-4 minutes on each side. Alternatively, swordfish may be grilled in a hot well seasoned ridged grill pan over moderately high heat.
- Top each swordfish steak with a dollop of coriander lime butter and serve.