Recipe by alijen
Simple, healthy, delicious way to enjoy swordfish. Prepared in such a large batch for a get-together, so you'll have to scale it down. (I wanted to play with my new food processor and this is what I came up with.) Served with a large salad and fresh fruit for a complete, light meal.
- 1⁄2 cup packed fresh basil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 6 (5 1/2 ounce) swordfish steaks
Directions See How It's Made
- In a blender or food processor, combine the basil, garlic, pine nuts, Parmesan, parsley, water, and oil.
- Process until smooth.
- Season the swordfish steaks with the salt and pepper.
- Also, season the pesto with salt and pepper to your taste.
- Preheat the broiler (or your oven- to 400 if thats what you're using).
- Coat a broiler pan with no-stick spray.
- Slice the fish through its side, cutting nearly to the skin.
- Be careful not to cut the fish in half.
- Stuff the fish with the pesto, reserving a few tablespoons of pesto.
- Spread the reserved pesto on the top and bottom of the fish.
- Place the fish on the prepared pan and broil 4" from the heat for 10 minutes.
- Turn the fish over halfway through the cooking time.
- Fish is done when it flakes easily with a fork.
- (I imagine the cook-time in the oven would be roughly the same- 20 minutes total, turning once, half-way through.).
- (To intensify the flavor, cover and refrigerate the stuffed fish for up to 8 hours.).