Prep 45 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 2 (8 ounce) swordfish steaks, 1 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon peeled minced gingerroot
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2⁄3 cup diagonally sliced carrot
- 1⁄4 lb fresh snow pea pods, trimmed
- 1 1⁄3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green onion
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 3 cups cooked rice
- Cut swordfish into 1-inch pieces; place in a shallow dish.
- Combine soy sauce, sherry, garlic, and gingerroot, stirring well; pour over fish.
- Cover and marinate in refrigerator up to 4 hours.
- Combine the chicken broth and the next 5 ingredients; stir to combine; set aside.
- Remove fish from marinade, discarding marinade.
- Coat a wok or large nonstick skillet with cooking spray.
- Add in oil; heat at medium-high until hot.
- Add fish; stir-fry 3 minutes or until tender; remove from wok; set aside and keep warm.
- Coat wok with cooking spray; heat at med-high heat until hot.
- Add in onion; stir-fry 1 minute; add in carrot; stir-fry 1 minute.
- Add in snow peas, mushrooms, and green onions; stir-fry 2 minutes or until crisp tender.
- Add in broccoli; stir-fry 1 minute.
- Return fish to wok; stir in reserved broth mixture.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is thickened; serve over rice.