- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 500 g swordfish steaks (or shark)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup cucumber, seeded, peeled and chopped
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil (or 2 tsp dried)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 pinch thyme
- 1 pinch pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium high heat; cook garlic, stirring for a few seconds. Add fish; lightly brown on both sides. Add onion; cook 1 - 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, cucumber, green onions, lemon juice, basil, cumin, thyme and pepper. Reduce heat and simmer until fish flakes, testing with fork, about 5 minutes.