Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Redbook magazine, April 2001. I've always found this to be a winner. I've used frozen swordfish steaks and fresh; doesn't matter. A bottle of cold white wine and steamed fresh broccoli with lime butter go well...very well...with this.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pistachios
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 (5 ounce) swordfish steaks
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat leaf parsley
- Cook the pistachios in 1 T. of the butter in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring often until browned, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from pan with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- Sprinkle swordfish steaks with salt and pepper; cook in the same large skillet over medium-high heat in 1 T. oil and remaining 1 T. butter until almost cooked, about 3 minutes on each side. Remove and place on serving platter.
- Add wine and lemon juice to pan and simmer 2 minutes, stir in parsley.
- Pour sauce over steaks and sprinkle with nuts.